I envy you if you have a toddler with skinny, narrow feet. Buying shoes for first-time walkers must be so simple! On the other hand, if your toddler has wide feet, you’ll have a difficult time finding their first pair of shoes.
Finding shoes for wide toddler feet is difficult, but not impossible. Having trouble finding the right fit for your fat toddler’s feet? Here are best children’s shoes for wide feet!
8+ of the best shoes for toddlers with wide feet
Let’s get started, shall we? Your child requires a pair of wide width shoes, and we have compiled a list of the best available today! This list includes shoes for both boys and girls, as well as unisex options.
All of the shoes on this list are from well-known brands, and you might even wear them yourself! We’ve got you (and your child) covered whether you’re looking for a sneaker, a slip-on, or something fancy for a special occasion.
1. Jazz hook & loop sneaker by saucony
These lightweight shoes will not only keep your child comfortable, but they will also look great. The simple Velcro closure makes it simple to put these shoes on and take them off, as well as to adjust the width slightly.
The upper of the shoe is made of durable, stylish suede and a breathable mesh to keep kids’ feet cool and dry. The midsole is made of lightweight EVA foam that provides adequate cushioning without being overly plush.
These shoes are available in both big kid (size 10.5-12) and little kid sizes (size 4-10).
- Size and material are both comfortable.
- These shoes are breathable thanks to the mesh upper.
- The suede upper is fashionable.
- There are two sizes available: big kids and little kids.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- It’s simple to get started.
- Depending on how frequently the shoe is used, the Velcro may prematurely wear.
2. Florsheim berwyn JR oxford shoe
This shoe is surprisingly cushioned, demonstrating that looking good doesn’t have to mean being uncomfortable. The heel measures 1 inch tall.
This shoe is tough and can withstand a lot of wear and tear. The price may be a little higher than some would prefer to pay for a shoe, but the quality and durability prove that it is well worth the money.
- Elegant leather design
- A simple closure system for easy on and off.
- There is plenty of padding.
- Durable enough for everyday use
- Some children may find the wide insufficient.
3. Sneaker keds daphne T-strap
These comfortable wide width shoes are ideal for any little girl on the go, with patterns, prints, and colors to suit every taste.
The T-strap is adjustable, and the closure makes it simple for girls to put on and take off the shoes. The shoe’s deep flex grooves on the sole allow girls’ feet to flex naturally, making it ideal for running around on the playground and all-day wear.
The rubber sole provides excellent traction even on slick surfaces, and the memory foam footbed is both comfortable and supportive.
- T-strap closure is simple to put on and take off.
- There are numerous designs to choose from.
- Memory foam is both comfortable and supportive.
- The deep grooves in the rubber sole allow it to flex.
- The glitter falls off the designs that include glitter, which can be annoying.
4. Nitrate sneaker skechers
The memory foam is both comfortable and supportive, conforming to your child’s unique foot shape. The shoe is also unique in that it is vegan, which means that it contains no animal products.
While the shoe is long-lasting, keep it out of the washing machine to extend the life of the memory foam.
- Colors that are fun and different to choose from Stylish design
- Memory foam that is comfortable
- The seamless knit upper prevents blisters and other irritations.
- The washing machine will destroy it.
5. Stride rite artin’ sneaker made2play
The shoe has memory foam footbeds for support and comfort, as well as Anti-Stink Technology, which keeps shoes smelling fresh. The hook and loop closure makes it simple to put on and take off the shoe. Most importantly, these shoes can be machine washed!
The extra-wide width provides plenty of space and comfort for your children to play.
- Memory foam footbeds are both comfortable and supportive.
- The hook and loop closure makes it simple to put on and take off shoes.
- Anti-Stink Technology keeps your shoes smelling fresh.
- Durable shoes can withstand machine washing.
- The wide width may not be wide enough for children with extra wide feet.
6. Hook & Loop uniform shoe new balance KV624
This straightforward sneaker is supportive and comfortable, and it is available in wide and extra-wide widths.
While not the most fashionable shoe (no flashy colors or designs), it is a tough shoe that can withstand a beating. The hook and loop straps are simple to use, and the padded interior is so comfortable that your child may forget it isn’t a bright color.
With sizes ranging from four to twelve years old, your growing child will have a go-to shoe for a long time.
- Injection-molded midsole that is extremely comfortable.
- The simple design and color palette complement a wide range of outfits.
- Hook and loop straps make it simple to put on and take off.
- The upper is made of gleaming leather.
- Excessive use may cause the two hook and loop straps to wear prematurely.
- Color schemes that are uninteresting.
7. The kai run robyne sneaker
While these do not come in “wide width,” the shoe’s cut is wider than most regular-sized kids’ shoes. They are unquestionably worth trying on.
For toddlers and older girls, the rubber sole provides a safe, sturdy platform. The shoe comes in sizes up to 13.5! To keep kids’ feet extra comfortable, the collar and tongue are both padded, and the inside of the shoe is lined with breathable material.
The Robyne comes in a variety of cute colors and designs (that won’t give you a headache), such as navy with stars and moons and dark purple with dots.
- Lightweight and breathable materials
- The rubber sole provides excellent traction.
- The double Velcro straps snugly secure the feet.
- The padded tongue and collar are extremely comfortable.
- Although not a true “wide width” shoe, it may suit many girls with wider feet.
- The cost is slightly higher.
8. Mary jane nina bonnett
This little girls’ shoe has a low 12-inch heel and a classic Mary Jane design, and it comes in a wide width so she can be comfortable and fancy for special occasions.
The shoe has a buckle closure and an adjustable ankle strap. The only issue with the shoe could be the sizing. You might need to size up by a half or full size.
While they are not ideal for everyday wear, they are ideal for special occasions or when your loved one wants to dress up a little.
- Elegant Mary Jane design.
- The strap can be tailored to the child’s specific foot shape.
- Slip-resistant sole.
- Exterior in patent leather.
- You might need to go up a half or full size.
- Not comfortable enough to wear on a daily basis.
Q: How can I tell if my child has broad feet?
A: The simplest way to tell if a child’s foot is wide is to examine it in a regular shoe. If you notice a bump on the outside of the shoe near the little toe, this indicates that your child’s feet are wide and they would benefit from a wide width shoe.
Q: How often should I take my child’s foot measurements?
A: It goes without saying that children’s feet grow quickly! Having said that, it’s a good idea to check on your child’s feet every 2 to 4 months to see if they’ve grown and if it’s time for a new pair of shoes.
Q: How much should I spend on shoes for my child?
A: Children’s footwear prices vary just as much as adult footwear prices. However, because adult feet do not grow like children’s feet, it may appear difficult to spend a lot of money on shoes that your child will outgrow.
And, while a certain amount of money may seem excessive for a child’s shoe, consider how frequently they will use it and what they will be doing in the shoe. Kids are active, so it may make more sense to spend a few extra dollars on a high-quality, long-lasting shoe rather than save money and have to replace the shoe more frequently.
The bottom line
The Saucony Jazz Hook & Loop is an excellent choice for shoes with wide feet for both boys and girls. It is a low-cost, comfortable wide-width shoe that will last your child for a long time, or until they outgrow them!
However, for more formal occasions, the Florsheim Berwyn JR Oxford Shoe for boys or the Nina Bonnett Mary Jane for girls will keep your children comfortable and stylish. See more useful article at my website shoestorenyc.com.