We often discuss our cowboy boots. It’s a part of our identity as cowgirls and cowboys, but there’s one surprisingly important aspect of the cowboy boot that we frequently overlook or forget: our socks. The socks you wear with your cowboy boots should be as carefully selected as the boots themselves.
We consider every aspect of what we need in a boot, including where we’ll be wearing them, the performance we expect from them, their durability, and how to care for them as they care for our feet. But socks come into contact with our feet on a daily basis, and they are critical to the fit and comfort of our boots. The socks you wear can improve the feel and fit of your cowboy boots. Explore this guide to see what your options are for the best socks for cowboy boots.
The 10 Best Socks For Cowboy Boot
Okay, first I’ll list ten pairs of socks that I believe are the best to wear with cowboy boots.
1. Tecovas Boot Socks (3 Pack)
If you like Tecovas’ exotic leather cowboy boots, you’ll like the socks that go with them.
The variety of Tecovas socks is limited, but the quality is exceptional. Boot Socks (3 Pack) are typical (they don’t even have their own names).
- Materials that wick moisture and breathe
- Excellent durability
- Over-the-calf height provides excellent arch support.
- It should be neither too thick nor too thin.
2. Wrangler Men’s Western Boot Socks
Many cowboy boot enthusiasts understand how hot your feet feel when wearing this footwear all day, especially traditional or Buckaroo boots. That’s why we put these Wrangler Men’s Western Boot Socks at the top of our list.
- Stretchy and breathable 80% polyester, 17% nylon, and 3% spandex fabric
- High moisture-wicking performance with a skin-friendly finish
- Extra comfort and arch support are provided by the half-cushioned foot.
- With a mid-calf height
- For a comfortable fit, the toe and top seams are smooth.
- There are some basic colors available.
- Thickness is minimal.
3. Dickies Multipack Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks
Dickies has a long history of being a leader in high-quality American household clothing accessories. And these Dickies Men’s Dri-Tec Moisture Control Socks are among its best-selling items. Because of their thickness and durability, many people described these socks as “real work socks.”
- Thick and breathable fabric made of 78% cotton, 19% polyester, 2% spandex, and 1% nylon.
- Price is reasonable.
- Providing arch support and stability for all-day standing Excellent airflow in and out
- A variety of color options
- The socks are only high above the ankle, making them unsuitable for high collar cowboy boots.
- Wearers may become overheated while wearing unbreathable high collar cowboy boots.
4. Women’s Wrangler Western Boot Socks
The sock has excellent breathability and a soft finish that as women, I believe we all appreciate, especially heavy cowboy boots that have already fatigued every step at the end of the day.
- 80% Polyester, 17% Nylon, and 3% Spandex stretchy, breathable fabric
- Including a Half Cushion Arch support foot
- Excellent moisture-wicking properties ensure that your feet do not sweat.
- For added comfort, the toe and seam are smooth.
- Moderate longevity
5. Men’s Dan Post Cowboy Certified Over the Calf Socks by Dan Post Boot Company
These Dan Post Boot socks are cowboy certified, which is why you don’t have much to complain about. The sock is ideal for tall cowboy boots because it does not cause sweating for up to 10 hours.
- The moisture-wicking fabric is made of 80% ring-spun cotton, 17% Sorbtek, and 3% Lycra.
- No-rub seams at the toes and top for added comfort
- Featuring calf-high height
- Being able to endure for the entire day
- Convenient for machine washing
- A hefty price tag.
6. Hanes Over-the-Calf Tube Socks for Men
These Hanes Men’s Over the Calf Tube Socks are a great option for supporting your heavy-abuse work and are a great option for pairing with cowboy boots.
- Fabric is breathable and thick, made of 55% polyester, 44% cotton, and 1% spandex.
- With a full foot cushion for added comfort and arch support.
- FreshIQ Advanced Technology is used for sweat-free feet.
- The socks may easily slip down.
- A limited palette of colors.
7. Wrangler Cushion Smooth Toe Work Boot Socks for Men
Wrangler socks continue to top our list of favorites. These Wrangler Men’s Wellington Cushion large socks are ideal for heavy-duty work environments. This is because the fabric is made up of 80% cotton, 17% nylon, and 3% spandex.
- Thick and breathable 80% cotton, 17% nylon, and 3% spandex fabric.
- Full foot cushioning around the feet for added foot support and comfort
- Winter use requires a thick finish.
- Top is breathable to prevent slipping
- On cowboy boots, the sock is not ideal for the hot season.
8. Men’s Wick Dry Maximum Medium-weight Military Mid-calf Socks by FoxRiver
These FoxRiver men’s Wick Dry maximum Military Socks are worn primarily by soldiers in moderate abuse conditions and are available at an affordable price. As a result, it makes sense for you to wear cowboy work boots everywhere.
- The fabric is made of 70% Polypropylene, 28% Nylon, and 2% Spandex and is soft and breathable.
- Excellent abrasion resistance and ventilation
- Wick Dry tech for no sweaty feet Scentry Tech for no bad odors all day Proper full foot cushion for foot support
Durability is moderate.
9. Wrangler Men’s Ultra-Dri Lightweight Boot Socks
These Wrangler Men’s Lightweight Ultra-Dri Socks, another Wrangler option on our top list, provide a better dryness effect all day long.
- 80% Polyester, 17% Nylon, and 3% Spandex stretchy and breathable fabric
- Featuring calf-high height
- The construction around the feet is nicely cushioned for foot support.
- Excellent smooth seam with no irritation
- Durability is moderate.
10. Carhartt Men’s Full Cushion Steel-Toe Cotton Work Boot Socks, Size 10
These Carhartt Men’s Cushion Cotton Work Boot Socks are great for protecting your toes from pain and rashes caused by rubbing against the steel toe caps of cowboy work boots.
- Fabric that is thick and protective
- The mid-calf height has good abrasion resistance and breathability.
- Extra comfort is provided by a full foot cushion.
- Durability is moderate.
Why you need best socks for cowboy boots?
- Socks absorb moisture, keeping your feet dry and healthy, particularly when they sweat. Sweat produces bacteria, and the longer sweat remains on your skin in warm, dark places (such as the inside of your boots), the more bacteria and fungus can grow and cause foot odor. A good pair of socks will absorb and wick away moisture while fighting foot odor, so keep your feet dry.
- Socks act as a barrier between your feet’s skin and the cowboy boot itself. This aids in the prevention of blisters and raw spots.
- Socks add extra cushioning and comfort.
- Socks help to regulate foot temperatures, keeping your feet cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
What features make a cowboy boot sock good?
All of these are excellent reasons to wear socks in the first place. So you’re probably wondering if there’s a sock made specifically for cowboy boots. Absolutely. Consider the following top features when shopping for boot socks:
1. Select Socks Made of Moisture-Wicking Fabric
The first feature you’ll want to look for to ensure you’ve got the best for you, your feet, and your cowboy boots is moisture-wicking material. Moisture-wicking refers to a material’s ability to draw sweat away from your feet and allow it to evaporate, keeping your feet dry. Moisture-wicking fabrics absorb moisture through tiny capillaries built into the fabric. The following are the most common moisture-wicking sock materials:
- Merino Wool: Wool has a wonderful soft touch and is not itchy at all, contrary to popular belief. The material is tough and traps moisture, keeping your feet dry. Wool naturally inhibits odor and bacteria growth, making it ideal for changing seasons.
- Acrylic: Acrylic is a low-cost material that wicks away moisture, but it lacks the absorbency of wool.
Cotton also traps moisture, which helps to reduce irritation and fight odor. When sweat is absorbed, it does not evaporate as quickly as wool or Merino wool, but it is still an excellent choice.
- Nylon: Nylon is frequently blended with other fabrics to increase their strength and durability. Pure nylon socks do not perform as well as cotton or wool socks, but a nylon blend may provide better absorbency than nylon alone.
- Lycra, Spandex, and Elastane are the ideal materials for those looking for cowboy socks that fit perfectly. They have good stretch features that will keep the socks in place for perfect leg and foot support.
2. Tall Socks Work Best With Boots
Cowboy boots with a long shaft should be paired with tall socks that cover your entire calf muscle. It’s not a fashion choice, but rather one for comfort—particularly when compression is required. Over-the-calf socks can help provide extra support and circulation to keep your feet healthy by providing a much-needed circulatory boost. To avoid painful bunching in your boot, over-the-calf socks should have a comfortable, but not too tight grip.
3. Pay Close Attention to the Seams
Comfortable feet are essential, but even if you have the best material and cushioning, if a sock has a seam on a vulnerable area of your foot, the former is meaningless. For people who are on their feet all day, a seamless toe is the most comfortable option. Seamless designs eliminate blisters and rubbing while relieving pressure on the feet.
Over-the-calf socks from some of the biggest names in Western footwear, as well as crew socks and wool socks, provide just the right cushioning whether you’re wearing cowboy boots, work boots, or sneakers.
When you put on your cowboy boots for a long day, make sure to protect your feet with the best socks for cowboy boots and your feet.
We hope you enjoyed and found our review useful. We welcome your feedback and would like to know how you get on. Please spread the word about our guide so that others can benefit as well. See more useful article at my website shoestorenyc.com.