Cycling shoes can make riding a bike much easier, especially if you’re an avid cyclist who spends a lot of time on the bike. Giro, which began by making helmets, has now advanced to the forefront of cycling footwear, offering a diverse range of shoes for all cycling disciplines.
Before purchasing a new pair of giro shoe sizing, keep in mind that the size of cycling shoes is not always the same as the size of your walking shoes. See information in this post of Shoestorenyc.
Giro Shoe Sizing
To ensure the most supportive and comfortable fit, Giro cycling shoes are available in men’s, women’s, and high volume sizes. The charts below show the equivalent Giro shoe sizes in EU and US sizes, along with length measurements.
Make sure the tape is level and not too tight. Wrap a measuring tape around your natural waist to determine your waist size. Wrap a measuring tape around the widest part of your hips to determine your hip size. Then, using the chart as a guide, allow for some variation based on how the garment should fit.
Giro Shoe Sizing for man
|MEN’S SIZE||HAND WIDTH||HAND LENGTH|
|XS (6)||6.3 – 7” / 160 – 178 mm||5.9 – 6.5” / 150 – 164 mm|
|S (7)||7” / 179 – 200 mm||6.5 – 7” / 165 – 179 mm|
|M (8)||8 – 8.6” / 201 – 219 mm||7 – 7.6” / 180 – 194 mm|
|L (9)||8.7 – 9” / 220 – 234 mm||7.7 – 8” / 195 – 204 mm|
|XL (10)||9.25 – 9.8” / 235 – 249 mm||8 – 8.6” / 205 – 219 mm|
|XXL (11)||9.85 – 10” / 250 – 265 mm||8.7 – 9.25” / 220 – 235 mm|
|XXXL (12)||10.4 – 10.6” / 265 – 270 mm||9.25 – 9.6” / 235 – 245 mm|
Giro Shoe Sizing for woman
|WOMEN’S SIZE||HAND WIDTH||HAND LENGTH|
|S (6)||6 – 6.7” / 155 – 169 mm||6.3 – 6.7” / 160 – 169 mm|
|M (7)||6.7 – 7.4” / 170 – 189 mm||6.7 – 7.2” / 170 – 183 mm|
|L (8)||7.4 – 8” / 190 – 204 mm||7.3 – 7.7” / 185 – 195 mm|
|XL (9)||8 – 8.3” / 205 – 210 mm||7.7 – 8” / 196 – 205 mm|
Measure of your hand for the best fit
You can use the Size Guide to determine your size by measuring the length and width of your hand as shown above.
1. Wrap the tape measure around your hand at the widest part of the palm and close your hand lightly to obtain your Hand Width measurement.
2. After you’ve taken that measurement, measure the length of your hand from the tip of your longest finger to the base of your palm at the wrist with a tape measure. This is the length of your hand.
3. Compare your hand measurements to the data provided in the Size Guide to determine the best fitting size for you.
How to select the appropriate giro shoe size
What you’ll need prepare
To be prepared, here’s how to measure your shoe size at home. This way, you’ll know which Giro shoe size is right for you before you go in-store or order them online.
- A blank piece of paper will suffice.
- It’s a pencil.
- Medium-thickness socks
- A measuring tape or ruler.
What do you do
- Place a blank piece of paper on the floor that is slightly larger than your feet. Draw a mark on the top of your longest toe and at your heel with your foot on the paper. Measure the distance between the two marks with a ruler or measuring tape.
- Take a measuring tape and measure the widest part of your foot to determine which shoe width to select.
- When you’ve completed all of the necessary measurements, consult the size charts above to determine which size Giro cycling shoes will fit you best.
- Check out our shoe sizing and fitting guide if you want to learn more about shoe sizing.
Sizing guidelines for cycling shoes
If you’re looking to buy a pair of cycling shoes, the following tips and tricks will help you choose the right size:
- Cycling shoes should fit snugly around your feet.
- Cycling shoes, unlike other types of footwear, will not stretch over time because you will be using them for cycling rather than walking. So don’t buy shoes that are a little too small in the hopes of stretching them out.
- Your largest toe should be in contact with the front of the shoe, but you should not feel any pressure and should be able to move your toes freely.
- While wearing the shoes, your heel should not move up and down or slip around.
- You should try half-sizes until you find a cycling shoe that fits you properly.
- If you don’t want to buy a pair of cycling shoes but still want good cycling shoes, check out our guide and review of the 7 best non-cycling shoes for cycling.
Do Giro shoes come in small size?
Some models may run half a size too small, so read online reviews for the model you want to purchase. Giro cycling shoes generally run true to size, so when deciding on a size, go with your normal shoe size. If you’re in between sizes, go down half a size because most cycling shoes are designed to fit snugly around your feet.
Can wide feet wear Giro cycling shoes?
Yes, Giro does make several cycling shoes in a high-volume fit for foot widths ranging from D to EE, with an extra-tall instep.
Should I buy large sizw cycling shoes?
Many people size up in cycling shoes because they are generally narrower than regular shoes, so they will size up for the width rather than the length.
If you’re in between sizes, you should consider sizing down when purchasing cycling shoes. You won’t be walking or moving around in them, so they don’t require as much room as walking shoes. Cycling shoes should feel snug, and you shouldn’t have too much room in the toe box as you would with regular shoes.
It’s critical to get the perfect fit when purchasing a new pair of Giro cycling shoes. Otherwise, you may encounter a slew of issues and difficulties, particularly on longer bike rides.
Giro cycling shoes should be snug but not too tight, especially around the toes. This may cause you pain and discomfort, making it difficult to apply full pedaling pressure.
We hope our guide assisted you in finding the best fit for your new Giro shoes. Please leave a comment and feel free to distribute our guide. See more useful article at my website shoestorenyc.com.