Unless you never wear your leather boots, it’s difficult to keep them looking pristine. Investing in a high-quality leather cream is the best way to keep their appearance.
We’ve put together a comprehensive Meltonian shoe cream review in this article to see if this brand is worth it. See how to use meltonian shoe cream in this post.
Meltonian shoe cream polish
If your shoes are prone to marks and stains, the Meltonian shoe cream is an excellent choice. The unique formula penetrates deeper into the leather than other brands, resulting in a more aesthetically pleasing and long-lasting finished look.
Another advantage of using this shoe cream is that it effectively removes previous polish from leather. This is especially useful if you accidentally applied the wrong color shoe polish. Instead, it will give your shoes a smooth feel as if they have been conditioned.
Meltonian shoe cream is made up of waxes and oils that work to make shoe materials smoother and less weathered. You can choose from 28 different colors, ranging from black to raspberry pink. However, matching the color to your shoe may take a few tries.
Each solution is packaged in a 1.5-ounce glass jar, which may appear small at first glance, but a little goes a long way. The cream is easily spreadable and blends well with the surface. It prevents drying and cracking once applied.
- There is no better product than Meltonian shoe cream for anyone looking to buy an attractive product that keeps their shoes looking like new.
- It not only gives your boots a sleek shine for around $5.00, a price that won’t break the bank, but it’s also extremely simple to use.
- It works well to prevent leather cracking, which is a common issue with boots. The cream will also give you a softer, more professional shine.
- Finally, it’s a cinch to change the color of your boots with this cream, which only requires a few applications before it’s effective.
- To be honest, there aren’t many discernible disadvantages to this product. One thing to keep in mind is that this shoe cream will not provide a lot of shine.
- If you want a larger shine, simply apply a coat of the cream and then follow it up with a coat or two of polish, as polish provides a bit more shine.
- We also discovered that this product is difficult to obtain in the United Kingdom for our British readers.
How to use meltonian shoe cream
Using Meltonian shoe cream is nearly identical to using any other brand. Here’s what you’ll require:
- squeaky-clean cloths (about two or three).
- Shoe cream from Meltonian.
- A shoe polishing brush.
- Toothbrush (optional).
This is what you do
- Begin by removing as much dirt as you can from your shoes. To do this, dampen a clean cloth with water and use circular motions all over. This is a necessary step in order to achieve an even surface.
- Allow your shoes to dry before continuing. It is not advisable to apply shoe cream to wet leather.
While they dry, place the newspaper on the surface you’re working on to prevent stains.
- Get your shoe cream once the material has completely dried. Apply a small amount to a clean cloth and gently dab it on various spots before working it into the shoe. Make small circular movements.
- Apply the cream to crevices with an old toothbrush. To avoid scratches, make sure it’s soft. Use it near the sole and around the shoelaces on the tongue.
- Allow your shoes to dry for about five minutes.
- Consider a shoe shine brush, such as this horsehair brush from Kiwi. Buff the surface with this to add a little shine. It won’t produce as much shine as pure shoe polish, but it’s a necessary step for a satin finish.
- Allow them to dry for a few hours before wearing, and you’re finished.
Is Shoe Cream and Shoe Polish the Same Thing?
As the name implies, shoe polish works to shine your leather shoes, giving them a polished appearance. It is made up of a wax, liquid, and dye mixture.The leather does not soak up polish. Instead, as you buff it on the surface, the content produces shine. New leather footwear has a polished appearance that fades as you wear it. Applying this type of shoe lotion on a regular basis can help to maintain the appearance, preserving their “new” look.
Please read our review of the best boot polish if you want to revitalize your footwear.
Why do you need shoe polish?
If you own leather shoes, you should never be without shoe polish. Leather is animal hide or skin, so it has imperfections and pores just like your skin. Shoe polish helps to even out blemishes, making the surface appear healthier and brighter.
Leather gradually loses its outer layers as it ages. Flakes fall off over time, but they are so small that we can hardly see them. Furthermore, the scuffs and scratches that accumulate while wearing them give them a worn-down appearance.
So, even if your leather boots appear faded and dull, they most likely still have a lot of life left in them. Polish will restore their appearance, potentially extending their life.
2. Shoes cream
Shoe cream, such as Meltonian, is a type of polish that adds color to your leather shoes while preserving their original appearance. It’s thick and rich, and it’s conditioning the fabric.
It has a little less wax than polish. Instead, it contains a higher concentration of pigment.
Shoe cream can be used to conceal scratches, scuffs, and uneven fading. However, unlike polish, it cannot be buffed to a high shine. It produces a more matte finish, similar to that of satin paint.
Why apply shoe cream?
When used on a regular basis, shoe cream has numerous advantages. It can aid in the preservation of the color of your shoes and keep them looking vibrant
It is not to be confused with leather dye because it enhances the color of your footwear rather than changing it. Shoe cream leaves a thin layer of colored wax on the surface, enhancing the natural color.
One advantage of shoe cream is that most are capable of removing previous polish that may be giving your footwear a dull color and making it look bad. Meltonian is very good at this.
Furthermore, you don’t have to exactly match the shade to the leather—a close resemblance can still improve the look.
The way to choose the best shoe cream
When selecting a shoe cream, there are a few things to keep in mind. Using the wrong one with certain ingredients or texture can ruin your shoes. Consider the following points:
Make certain that the cream contains no harmful ingredients. Some manufacturers combine harsh chemicals and other substances in their products, promising shine and protection. Instead, it will most likely ruin the leather.
As a result, it’s best to look for a shoe cream made from natural ingredients. Wax is an important component. This is what keeps your leather in good condition and protects it. It also forms a water-repellent layer.
Natural butters, such as shea butter, are excellent components to seek out. These will make your shoes smell like “new leather.”
Avoid animal fats, however. Although natural, such substances emit an unpleasant odor and may cause rotting. It will also not improve the look of your leather. It may have an effect on the stitching as well as the color.
Meltonian and other shoe creams come in a variety of colors. Although you don’t have to be exact, a close resemblance is preferable.
The best results will come from matching the cream as closely as possible to your leather. If you use a light color on your dark-brown dress shoes, they will look blotchy and even dirty.
Where can I find the best shoe cream?
There are many different shoe creams to choose from. Leaving Meltonian aside, Moneysworth and Best Shoe Cream are two other popular options. There are also different colors and natural ingredients.
The Saphir Medaille d’Or Pommadier natural cream comes next. It is made up of seven waxes, including beeswax, carnauba wax, and shea butter. It cleans and nourishes your leather while providing a soft shine.
Is shoe polish better than cream?
Shoe cream and polish are nearly identical. If you want shine, use a wax polish that can hide scuffs and seal the surface. In contrast, cream adds a layer on top that seals and preserves the color.
Cream is similar to conditioner, whereas polish is closer to shampoo. Because too much polish can dry out the leather, both have their advantages.
If you’re the creative type or curious about alternative shoe-shining methods, our guide on how to shine shoes without polish outlines some simple home remedies for your footwear.
Our Meltonian shoe cream review concluded that it is one of the best products for your shoes. It works to preserve and shine leather and is suitable for a variety of leather colors.
We hope you found our brief review useful. We’d love to hear from you in the comments section below, and please spread the word about our article. See more useful article at my website shoestorenyc.com.